Ibis is a place where your entire lifestyle is important. Golf, tennis, fitness, spa and of course dining and social events are at the core of what Ibis has to offer, but it certainly isn't where it ends. Ibis strives to exceed it's Members expectations and provide a well rounded lifestyle all within it's gates. The following are some of the amazing and unique items Ibis offers it's Members.
The Club at Ibis' BodyMind Connection (BMC) is an integrated program aimed at enhancing and promoting the health and lifestyle of Ibis members. The BMC program encourages Members to create their own optimal lifestyle by combining elements of fitness, nutrition, spirituality, personal development, physical environment, and relationships and communications. Throughout the year, the BMC supports this initiative through informative lecture series, holiday fun runs, awareness months and various club events; the highlight being the Annual Wellness Expo.
Club operations run smoothly when Members have positive experiences and are feeling their very best and the BMC supports the following programs to provide its Members with overall physical and mental health.
- Teaching Videos: The Club produces healthy cooking videos right in our own kitchen with our own chefs. Members get to learn how to create some of their favorite healthy recipes that they normally order off a menu.
- Fitness and Spa Concepts: The Club offers fitness classes and various spa treatments keeping the Members in shape, relaxed, and rejuvenated.
- Aquatics: The Club showcases a resort style pool, offering water aerobics classes, and a lap pool.
- Racquet sports and golf: The Club at Ibis has 16 Har-Tru tennis courts, four pickleball courts, and three championship golf courses. Sport-specific training is provided by certified instructors.
- Wellness: Through fitness and social activities, educational health lectures are provided at the Club on various physical, mental, and social topics.
- Diet and nutrition: The Club has several restaurants for Members to choose from, offering various healthy choices.
The Club at Ibis has been recognized as one of America's Healthiest Clubs by Prevo Health Solutions. In 2017 Ibis received the highest numeric score by America's Healthiest Clubs of any Club to date. The BMC was an integral part of earning this prestigious distinction!
Ibis Cultural Association
The Club at Ibisí Ibis Cultural Association (ICA) offers 14 diverse clubs to enrich the lives of our Members and their invited guests. A range of exciting activities are available from books to films, singing to acting, cooking to language classes, and much more!
The ICA is also a great avenue in building Member relationships through various hobbies and interests. Through the many groups, Members are able to learn a new skill, engage in their hobbies, and grow the enriching lifestyle of the Club at Ibis membership. Planned group trips off-property as well as fun events held at the Club are just a few ways the ICA brings Members together.
The ICA groups include: Spanish Meet-Up, Rediscovering Yiddish, Physicians Group, Photography Club, Ibis Singers, Knitting for Charity, Painting Class, Ibis Rocks, Ibis Lawyers, Hebrew Classes, Chess Club, Actors Workshop, Beading Circle, and A Knotty Habit.
Members at the Club at Ibis have the option to participate in the Ibis Charities Foundation. The foundation is dedicated to granting financial support to non-profit organizations providing family and social services, health and wellness programs and services, educational programs, art and cultural opportunities, and environmental concerts in Palm Beach County.
This year, 39 charities were selected and over $275,000 were donated collectively to the organizations. The funds Ibis Charities provide make a tremendous difference in achieving the yearly goals of these non-profits, and their ability to fulfill their mission to their constituents.
In addition, Ibis Charities hosts various events to support a variety of non-profit organizations including a neighborhood Food Drive, a Girls Night Out event to support Breast Cancer Research, among many others.
Ibis Go-Green Initiatives
The Club at Ibis takes pride in many Go Green initiatives to reduce our environmental impact. With the Club sitting on some of the most beautiful natural landscape in south Florida, itís easy to see why itís worth protecting the environment.
The Clubís Go Green initiatives include:
- The removal of Styrofoam cups throughout the entire Club and replacing them with clear plastic, a recyclable product.
- The implementation of a single-stream recycling compactor in which all paper, plastic, metals, and other containers are properly processed and sorted.
- The installation of a Liquid Food Composter, which converts food waste into grey water that is then safely disposed into the municipal sewer systems and carried to the local wastewater treatment facilities to be recovered.
- Reducing water waste by not pre-filling water glasses at our dining venues.
- Rationing plastic straw use by not automatically providing them to Members or guests.
- The installation of Hydration Stations on the golf courses rather than plastic water bottle distribution.